JOB DESCRIPTION: Our PsyD program at Albizu University, San Juan Campus is interested in strengthening its offerings in the area of Biological Basis of Behavior according to its programmatic goals and vision of Professional Psychology. For this purpose, we are interested in hiring a Clinical Psychology professional with extensive training in areas of neuropsychology and applied neurosciences or biopsychology, with experience in training and supervision of doctoral students in Professional Psychology. Candidates for this position should have demonstrable knowledge in the theory of neurological sciences including cognitive, affective and motivational processes. Candidates should also have extensive skills in evaluation of cognitive, affective, personality and psychoeducational functions and expertise in psychological assessment of personality as well as advanced knowledge in the administration and interpretation of the Rorschach and MMPI tests. Candidates for this position should have a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience, including their postdoctoral training and experience in the supervision of advanced students. The person to be hired should have the necessary skills to integrate into our San Juan Campus, PsyD Program. He/she should be available to use digitalized teaching methods, particularly for hybrid learning and teaching some courses at a distance, to students enrolled in other university campuses.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from an accredited educational institution (preferable APA) with specialization in areas related to biological bases of behavior (neurosciences, neuropsychology, biopsychology)
- Accredited internship and postdoctoral training in their area of expertise
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in teaching and training in academic, internship and / or post-doctorate contexts
- Current PR / EPPP Psychologist License
- Advanced knowledge in neuropsychology and advanced skills in neuropsychological evaluation.
- Expertise in psychological assessment of personality and advanced knowledge in the administration and interpretation of the Rorschach and MMPI tests,
- Experience in offering graduate education in professional psychology
- Experience in accreditation processes (for example, APA, Middle States, Puerto Rico Board of Education)
- Excellent written and oral communication in Spanish and English
- Professional presentations and publications in refereed journals
- Domain of computer programs (e.g. Word; Power Point)
- Knowledge in distance education platforms
- Available to mentor students
- Experience in leadership and as a change agent
- Oriented towards the achievement of institutional goals
* Priority will be given to psychologists who have approved the EPPP and demonstrate diversity in their academic and cultural background.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY