POSITION TITLE: Associate Director of Clinical Training in the Psy.D.
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Training
The ADCT will support the management of the PsyD Program and Clinic in
collaboration with the DCT. The ADCT will be responsible for planning, developing and
coordinating the program’s instructional and clinical activities, as necessary, to ensure that
students receive assistance in meeting their learning and clinical objectives. The ADCT will
support the DCT in opening new program(s), obtaining accreditation, and engaging in self-study
activities to affirm re-accreditation with licensing and professional agencies. The ADCT will
provide leadership in the management of the accreditation processes.
1. Oversees the quality of practicum sites and students’ clinical trainings
2. Reviews and approves all practicum affiliation agreements.
3. Approves available outside practicum sites which meet APA training standards of
4. Monitors the quality of external clinical practicum sites, based on APA standards of
5. Oversees the internal and external placement of interns
6. Assists the DCT in the strategic direction if the Clinic
1. Assists the DCT in planning, developing and coordinating instructional activities, as
necessary, to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning objectives.
2. Keeps students informed of progress and developments in the field.
3. Participates in the admission process for the clinical psychology programs.
4. Submits required academic, clinical and institutional reports and forms (mid-term/ final
grades, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Maintains responsibilities for the preparation of reports required by the university and/or
accrediting, licensing and professional agencies.
6. Participates in student evaluations twice a term at the faculty and clinical meetings to
determine student progress and professional development.
7. Submits grades to the Registrar’s Office for students in outside practicum based on site
8. Establishes and maintains an instructional atmosphere conducive to learning and
9. Uses office time to prepare information for students and assist them in meeting their
professional developmental needs.
10. Encourages student participation in their academic and professional development.
11. Assists DCT in completing end-of-the-year student evaluations and degree completion.
1. Participates in activities or faculty committees and similar bodies.
2. Actively participates in institutional meetings and committees.
3. Provides guidance to support students’ Doctoral Projects, and serves on their
1. Provides supervision to staff as assigned
2. Assesses and facilitates students, faculty and program’s needs
3. Maintains availability to students on an individual and/or small group basis, to respond to
student questions and concerns.
1. Teaches courses per contract in area of expertise.
2. Performs student advisement and end-of-the-year student evaluations.
1. Abides by the principles and procedures, as well as institutional philosophy, contained in
the university catalog, faculty handbook, general policies and disciplinary procedures
manual, and other institutional publications.
2. Holds membership and/or takes active participation in professional organizations which
emphasize academic excellence.
3. Fulfills the obligations of any reassignment of duties between classroom, office,
academic, administrative and committee tasks as required by institutional priorities.
4. Participates in Annual Graduation Ceremony.
5. Maintains professional licensure in good standing, professional memberships in
professional organizations, and participates in continuing education activities.
6. Conducts research in a particular field or knowledge and publishes findings in
7. Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Training.
Qualified applicants will possess a PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from an APA
Accredited program. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in higher education.
Teaching of clinical courses experience is highly desirable.
Must be licensed in the State of Florida.
To apply please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels.
Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,
skills and experiences within our workforce.