BROAD FUNCTION: Teaches classes to graduate students, supervises
practicum experience, and directs and conducts
1. Teaches three courses per semester within a prescribed curriculum (3
2. Teaches a clinical seminar or supervises practicum students (1 unit).
3. Prepares course syllabi, including tests, bibliography, topic schedule,
methods of instruction, methods of student evaluation, copies of
examinations and submits the same to the Director of Clinical Training.
4. Submits student grades to the Registrar’s Office.
5. Follows and distributes course syllabi.
6. Prepares and delivers lectures and stimulates class discussions.
7. Participates in Comprehensive and Qualifying Examinations.
8. Complies, administers, and grades examinations.
9. Supervises students working on Dissertations according to institutional
and professional standards.
10. Supervises independent courses or projects.
11. Participates in student admission process.
12. Performs related duties, such as advising students on academic and/or
13. Plans, develops, and coordinates instructional activities as necessary in
order to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning
14. Participates in faculty meetings.
15. Conducts student evaluations twice a term at the faculty meetings to
determine student progress and professional development.
16. Submits required academic reports and forms, such as mid-term and
final grades, in a timely and accurate manner.
17. Submits the work schedule to the Chancellor at the conclusion of the
Registration period for the corresponding academic session.
18. Actively participates in institutional meetings and committees.
19. Participates in Faculty Screening Committees as assigned by the
President and Chancellor.
20. Establishes and maintains an instructional atmosphere conductive to
21. Maintains required work hours, including posted office hours, as
22. Keeps students informed of progress and developments in the field.
23. Abides by the principles and procedures as well as institutional
philosophy as contained in the catalog, faculty handbook, student
handbook, and employee handbook.
24. Holds membership and/or takes active participation in professional
organizations which emphasize academic excellence.
25. Participates in Annual Graduation Ceremony.
26. Is directly responsible to the Director of Clinical Training, and follow
the directives provided by the Board of Trustees.
27. Conducts research in a particular field of knowledge and publishes
findings in professional journals.
28. Maintains professional licensure in good standing, maintains
professional membership in professional organizations, participates in
continuing education activity.
29. Fulfills the obligation of any reassignment of duties between
classroom, office, and committee assignments as necessitated by
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: For Full-Time Faculty only
Education: The educational background will depend on the
Institution’s needs and the course or courses to be
taught. However, all full-time faculty members must
hold a Ph.D. or Psy.D. degree, from an APA
accredited program or equivalent and licensed in the
State of Florida.
To apply, please send your resume to : email@example.com
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels.
Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,
skills and experiences within our workforce.