The Program in Speech-Language Pathology at Carlos Albizu University is seeking a Program Coordinator. Responsibilities and Requirements: A Doctorate degree in Speech-Language Pathology or related area preferred. This Program Coordinator position include engaging in scholarly research activities; mentoring student research projects, clinical supervision, and departmental service activities. The incumbent needs to possess a high level of clinical skill and collaborates with the administration of the program. Candidates with expertise in bilingualism or other clinically applicable areas are also encouraged to apply.
- Doctorate or equivalent in communication sciences and disorders or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in teaching programs or Speech-Language Pathology in higher level educational institutions
- Eligibility for Florida licensure preferred
- Current State professional license
- ABD applicants will be considered with a completion date of their doctoral degree prior to the end of the first year following Program Coordinator appointment.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech Language Pathology
- History of positive interaction with and mentoring students
- Skills in offering online courses or training in the design of distance learning courses
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with the program director in accreditation Annual Reports.
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Assist in design of performance objectives and implement and monitor programming to meet desired outcomes
- Assist in the development of yearly outreach plan according to program needs and capacity
- Supervise line staff
- Identify open positions and follow hiring and training procedures in a timely manner
- Assist in the management of budget development & modifications.
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
- Coordinate faculty searches and assist in screening and selecting faculty applications
- Manage orientation and training of new faculty
- Provide support and guidance to faculty
- Assist in managing courses schedules & instructional supplies.
- Provide guidance to students on academic goals and educational issues.
- Work with program director, faculty, and dean to address students’ behavioral, academic, and other problems.
- Assist on updating/evaluating course content and instructional methodology.
- Assist on evaluating program effectiveness and completing self-study for accreditation purposes.
- Prepare reports of ongoing academic activities
- Develop and introduce extracurricular activities and motivate students for participating in the same.
- Assess student performance and address needs to ensure student success.
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org