The Program in Speech-Language Pathology at Carlos Albizu University is seeking a Program Coordinator. Responsibilities and Requirements: A Doctorate degree in Speech-Language Pathology or related area preferred. This Program Coordinator position include engaging in scholarly research activities; mentoring student research projects, clinical supervision, and departmental service activities. The incumbent needs to possess a high level of clinical skill and collaborates with the administration of the program. Candidates with expertise in bilingualism or other clinically applicable areas are also encouraged to apply.
- Doctorate or equivalent in communication sciences and disorders or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in teaching programs or Speech-Language Pathology in higher level educational institutions
- Eligibility for Florida licensure preferred
- Current State professional license
- ABD applicants will be considered with a completion date of their doctoral degree prior to the end of the first year following Program Coordinator appointment.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech Language Pathology
- History of positive interaction with and mentoring students
- Skills in offering online courses or training in the design of distance learning courses
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with the program director in accreditation Annual Reports.
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Assist in design of performance objectives and implement and monitor programming to meet desired outcomes
- Assist in the development of yearly outreach plan according to program needs and capacity
- Supervise line staff
- Identify open positions and follow hiring and training procedures in a timely manner
- Assist in the management of budget development & modifications.
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
- Coordinate faculty searches and assist in screening and selecting faculty applications
- Manage orientation and training of new faculty
- Provide support and guidance to faculty
- Assist in managing courses schedules & instructional supplies.
- Provide guidance to students on academic goals and educational issues.
- Work with program director, faculty, and dean to address students’ behavioral, academic, and other problems.
- Assist on updating/evaluating course content and instructional methodology.
- Assist on evaluating program effectiveness and completing self-study for accreditation purposes.
- Prepare reports of ongoing academic activities
- Develop and introduce extracurricular activities and motivate students for participating in the same.
- Assess student performance and address needs to ensure student success.
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels.
Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,
skills and experiences within our workforce.
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com