SUMMARY: Responsible for the financial affairs of the university with an operating budget of $47 million and an enrollment of over 3,000 students with campuses in San Juan, Miami, a university center in Mayaguez, and other units. Provides strategic leadership to the development of the operating and the capital budgets; the allocation of fiscal resources; the development of policies and procedures, normative letters, and protocols; external and internal auditing; the operations of financial systems; financial reporting; accounting; tax compliance and reporting; financial regulatory reporting and compliance; investment oversight, and financial planning.
Strategic University Leadership
- Strategic advice to the president, the Board of Trustees, and the senior leadership team.
- Ensure the financial viability of the university.
- Ensure that financial resources support the institutional strategic plan and priorities.
- Oversee the implementation and ongoing operation of a centralized Financial Services shared services office.
- Budgeting and financial planning.
- Financial Operations
- Manage the accounts receivable/student accounts function.
- Ensure the effective award, disbursement, and reconciliation of financial aid, veteran’s benefits, and scholarships in compliance with federal rules and regulations.
- General Accounting
- Serve as liaison to internal and external auditors.
- Recommend investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Ensures that all required federal, state, and local reports are submitted on time in collaboration with institutional compliance personnel.
- Post-award Grant and Contract Accounting
- Manage the accounting and reporting functions for this rapidly growing component of university programs.
EDUCATION – Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance. Certified Public Accountant preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a senior leadership role in higher education or another field.
- Experience optimizing financial operations through an enterprise resource planning system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience with financial management and controls.
- Experience in audit processes and federal funds management.
The University promotes the candidacies of people with diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. Interested candidates meeting all requirements may send a curriculum vitae to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications: September 30, 2021
EMPLOYER WITH EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES