Position Title: Administrative Assistant II
Broad Function: Provide secretarial support to the Director and the faculty members.
Principal Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of the program
- Maintains current and accurate files and archives all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Prepares word processing work and copies of academic schedules, calendars, memos, meeting minutes, syllabi, professional contracts, correspondence, reports, classroom handouts, examinations, and academic programs sequence tables and curriculum worksheets.
- Screens phone calls and routes correspondence to the appropriate faculty members.
- Schedules appointments for the academic faculty, maintains their calendars, and prepares materials for their meetings as needed.
- Maintains a knowledge base of specialized terminology in the field of psychology, essential for conveying correct information related to job duties.
- Ensures that academically related deadlines are met in a timely, and expedient manner.
- Answers questions from administration, faculty, students, prospective students and visitors regarding courses, academic policies, procedures, and regulations as needed.
- Assists faculty, students, and visitors in obtaining appropriate information through referral to the correct source.
- Responsible for typing the Terminal Master Comprehensive Examinations Outlines, and the Comprehensive Examinations (once per academic session).
- Makes phone calls and in-class announcements regarding academic scheduling and other academically related changes.
- Assists in making audio-visual and other academic support related classroom arrangements for students and faculty.
- Maintains responsibility for directing and supervising student assistants.
- Maintains responsibility for obtaining academic materials and office supplies in a timely manner. In addition, the Secretary monitors the academic materials supply needs and budget.
- Assists the Director in obtaining classroom materials, including orders for desk copies for professors and library acquisitions.
- Engages in professional development through work related training in fields such as psychology, computer utilization, office procedures, etc.
- Maintains a separate file for confidential material, and ensures the confidentiality of sensitive academic information pertaining to examinations, faculty and student related matters.
- Maintains cooperation and interaction with other institutional departments such as the Recruitment and Outreach, Undergraduate Program, Psy.D. Program, Education Programs, Financial Aid, Student Services and Registrar’s Office in support of the needs of the academic programs.
- Contacts book publishers and verifies the most current edition for classes being offered for a specific semester.
- Places and tracks desk copies from book publishers. Distributes desk copies once obtained to the appropriate faculty member.
- Maintains contact information for all adjunct faculty members.
- Types, proofreads, and distributes memoranda generated by the Director and Full Time faculty members.
- Maintains up to date listing of approved practicum placement sites, practicum placement handbooks, and maintains semester by semester listing of student placement by major / programs under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant.
- Makes all necessary arrangements for student evaluation meetings that are held twice per semester. Arrangements include check request for meeting, taking minutes during meetings, ordering the menu items for the meeting, distributing of rosters for professors to submit their grades, as well as distributing commendations and concerns forms to mail letters to students as needed.
- Responsible for typing and mailing letters of concern, and commendations to students after midterm and final evaluation each academic session.
- Responsible for typing and mailing certified letters of dismissal to students as needed.
- Provides clerical support to the full-time faculty members who also function as Practicum Coordinators.
- Prepares updates to the Master’s Programs Web page as needed.
- Types meeting minutes of student evaluation meetings and distributes to appropriate parties.
- Types probation letters and maintains a list of students on probation per semester to keep track of which students might possibly be dismissed.
- Provides the Director and full-time Faculty members with all pertinent program/institution information to be distributed at the Open House and New Student Orientation activities held each academic session.
- Obtains and maintains all necessary data for the preparation of annual report.
- Responsible for tying all departmental reports, including but not limited to:
a. Departmental Plan
b. Strategic Development Plan
c. Middle States Association of Colleges and School Reports
d. Annual Report
- Distributes, enters, and tabulates professor course evaluations once per academic session.
- Obtains student contact lists from faculty members to contact students when the faculty member is unable to attend class due to unforeseen occurrence.
- Distributes results of Comprehensive Exam to participating students, the Director, Chancellor, Registrar, and other related parties.
- Revises textbook list as needed.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests for the Master’s Programs Office.
- Prepares course assignment report and distributes to all pertinent parties.
- Checks practicum student files and notifies students of any missing documentation from their practicum folders.
- Prepares practicum certification letters in collaboration with the Administrative Assistant.
- Assists in the coordination of special events or projects assigned (e.g. marketing activities, continuing education courses, etc.) by the Program Director.
- Monitors all program postings on designated bulletin boards.
- Maintains information materials available outside the office for student pick-up after hours.
- Routes new student applicants files for Faculty Review and schedules admissions interviews.
- Schedules advisement appointments with current students in accordance with faculty schedules every academic session. Reviews student transcripts to assist Faculty members with advisement. Contact students who are on leave of absence to make them aware of registration period.
- Collaborates with Human Resources regarding the distribution of adjunct faculty contracts every academic session. Ensures proper completion of contracts.
- Assist the Program Director with ensuring adjunct faculty availability each academic session. Type course schedule, and track class enrollment for possible cancellations or additions to course schedule. Distribute revisions to schedule to appropriate parties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Associate Degree or three years of experience.
Strong secretarial, and computer skills. Pleasant personality, and excellent communication skills. Bilingual (English / Spanish). Ability to handle ongoing multiple priorities and supervise the work of others.
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels.
Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,
skills and experiences within our workforce.
Please click on the following link to apply: https://tinyurl.com/albizujobs