Within the scope of University policies and procedures, this position is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of prospective students. The Enrollment Specialist/International Student Advisor performs a wide-range of duties to meet the needs of international students; including advising students on maintaining lawful status, granting immigration benefits, resolving status violation, advising prospective students and their families about the student visa process. This position attends functions and programs deemed appropriate for University contact with prospective international and ESOL students. The Enrollment Specialist/International Student Advisor is responsible for generating and developing databases of “leads” for each academic term and its conversion into applications submitted. Under the leadership of the Coordinator of Enrollment Management, the Enrollment Specialist/International Student Advisor evaluates student applicants’ admissibility to the University and achieves enrollment objectives.
• Meet or exceed individual enrollment goals and contribute to the fulfillment of departmental objectives. Improve inquiry, application, and enrollment yields at each stage.
• Generate inquiries, execute the database marketing plan, engage prospective students and their families in discussion about enrollment eligibility, provide campus tours, actively pursue documentation required to complete the admission file, prepare submitted applications for faculty review; coordinate admissions interviews, enroll admitted students, and utilize institutional software to input and monitor the progression from inquiry to start.
• Adhere to enrollment management and recruiting policies, practices, and procedures. Ensure compliance with institutional, federal, state and accreditation requirements.
• Maintain product knowledge of academic offerings. Develop and deliver presentations to prospective students and the public.Provide accurate consumer information about
admissions requirements, accreditation, employment projections, enrollment processes, funding options, and student services.
• Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) and independently manage the issuance of I-20 student visas in accordance with internal and external regulations. Process changes of status and draft school transfer letters. Verify international student attendance in accordance to federal regulations. Complete documentation and SEVIS reporting requirements to comply with the requirements of the Student Entrance Visitor Program (SEVP).
• Advise international students and their dependents and help them maintain lawful immigration status through continuous education on immigration regulations, policies and procedures.
• Consult with faculty and key personnel to advocate on behalf of the student and ensure student compliance with institutional and regulatory agencies.
• Monitor academic progress of international students and report this information to DHS on a regular basis, using the SEVIS web-based tracking system. Collaborate with internal and external constituents to develop retention programs to promote success among international students.
• Assist the Coordinator in identifying outreach initiatives to increase the international and ESOL student population. Participate in the coordination of recruitment events as assigned.
• Contribute to the development of promotional publications and maintenance of procedures manuals pertaining to international student admissions programs.
• Act as a brand ambassador and represent the institution at recruitment and outreach events with the sole aim to promote academic programs, collect quality leads, and advance enrollment objectives.
• Ensure the accurate recordkeeping of prospective student progression. Enter all communication activity in the institutional Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• Review discrepancies in data entered and received. Alert the Coordinator of issues related to information systems and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
• Prepare, document, and appropriately route admissions correspondences pertaining to the application processes to relevant parties.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Enrollment Management.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Business Administration, Communications, etc.)
• Minimum of 4 years in a recruitment and admissions role
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with diverse and international populations (primarily F-1/F-2 visa holders)
• Excellent customer service, sales, public speaking, presentation, and writing communication skills
• Proficiency in more than one language
• Proficiency in higher education-related information systems (e.g. Ellucian Recruiter, Campus Management, SalesForce, SEVIS, etc.)
• Ability to travel extensively and work flexible schedules
Prior experience in intangible product sales, telesales, business development, community relations, marketing, and outreach.
Bilingual in English and Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate-controlled office environment and the noise level is usually quiet.
To apply please send your resume to: evega@ albizu.edu and fill out the application by following the link https://tinyurl.com/albizujobs