BROAD FUNCTIONS: Teaches classes to undergraduate students; advises undergraduate students; reviews and develops courses offered in hybrid and online formats.
- Teaches three courses per semester within a prescribed curriculum.
- Prepares and delivers lectures and stimulates class discussions.
- Prepares course outlines, including tests, bibliographies, schedules, method of instruction, methods of student evaluation, and submits the same to the program director.
- Complies, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns these tasks to his/her teaching assistant.
- Performs related duties, such as advising students on academic and/or vocational matters.
- Serves on faculty committees providing professional counseling services to community.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates instructional activities as necessary in order to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning objectives.
- Establishes and maintains an instructional atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Maintains required work hours, including posted office hours, as prescribed.
- Participates in student evaluations once per term at the final faculty meeting to determine student progress and professional development.
- Keeps students informed of progress and developments in the field.
- Submits required academic reports and forms, such as mid-term and final grades, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Abides by the principles and procedures as well as institutional philosophy as contained in the catalog, faculty handbook, and student handbook.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings and committees.
- Holds membership and/or takes active participation in professional organizations that emphasize academic excellence.
- Establishes and maintains liaisons with Community Based Organizations (CBOs).
- Assists the Director in recruitment and outreach efforts for development.
- Assists the Director in developing/maintaining a current plan of public relations and information concerning the academic programs at Albizu University, Miami Campus.
- Assists the Director writing institutional reports, e.g., departmental working plan, operational development plan, grant applications, annual reports, strategic development plans, etc.
- Reports to the program director.
- Reviews, maintains and observes all regulations related to the Board of
Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
Must hold a doctorate in Psychology and a current BCBA-D certification (the doctoral designation for Board Certified Behavior Analysts with doctoral training in behavior analysis).
To apply please follow the link, https://tinyurl.com/albizujobs and send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels.
Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,
skills and experiences within our workforce.