Position Title: Office Clerk
Reports: Director of the Program
Broad Function: Provide Administrative support to the Director, Coordinators and the faculty members.
- Prepares word processing work and copies of academic schedules, calendars, memos, meeting minutes, syllabi, professional contracts, correspondence, reports, classroom handouts, examinations, and academic programs sequence tables and curriculum worksheets.
- Screens phone calls and routes correspondence to the appropriate faculty members.
- Schedules appointments for the academic faculty, maintains their calendars, and prepares materials for their meetings as needed.
- Answers questions from administration, faculty, students, prospective students and visitors regarding courses, academic policies, procedures, and regulations as needed.
- Makes phone calls and in-class announcements regarding academic scheduling and other academically related changes.
- Maintains responsibility for obtaining academic materials and office supplies in a timely manner. In addition, the Administrative Assistant I monitors the academic materials supply needs and budget.
- Maintains a separate file for confidential material, and ensures the confidentiality of sensitive academic information pertaining to examinations, faculty and student related matters.
- Contacts book publishers and verifies the most current edition for classes being offered for a specific semester.
- Places and tracks desk copies from book publishers. Distributes desk copies once obtained to the appropriate faculty member.
- Maintains contact information for all adjunct faculty members.
- Types, proofreads, and distributes memoranda generated by the Institutional Director, Coordinators, and Full Time faculty members.
- Typing and mailing letters of concern, and commendations to students after midterm and final evaluation each academic session
- Responsible for typing and mailing certified letters of dismissal to students as needed
- Types probation letters and maintains a list of students on probation per semester for review of possible dismissals
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests for the Office
- Monitors all program postings on designated bulletin boards
- Maintains information materials available outside the office for student pick-up after hours
- Routes new student applicant files for Faculty Review and schedules admissions interviews
- Assist the Program Director with ensuring adjunct faculty availability each academic session
- Type course schedule and track class enrollment for possible cancellations or additions to course schedule. Distribute revisions to schedule to appropriate parties
- Responsible for assisting students with registration, academic and administrative issues and concerns
- Prepares travel request forms for full time faculty
- Create budget transfer requests when necessary to cover departmental needs
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director
1-3 years of experience in clerical office work
Strong secretarial, and computer skills. Pleasant personality, and excellent communication skills. Bilingual (English / Spanish). Ability to handle ongoing multiple priorities and supervise the work of others.
At Albizu University, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels.
Albizu University has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives,
skills and experiences within our workforce.
Please click on the following link to apply: https://tinyurl.com/albizujobs